Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Characters You Would Switch Places with for 24 Hours
EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT! Since these posts usually get the most love! This week we’ll be featuring an interview with Robin Benway, author of our favorite YA novel Audrey Wait! (The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, and June is pretty awesome too…)
And she’s making us a playlist!!!! So come back and check it out!
This is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke and the Bookish.
Elizabeth’s Picks: Most of my picks unsurprisingly involve magic…Fun!
1. Hermione from the Harry Potter series. This one is kind of obvious for me. Hello, not only be a witch, but also be a genius witch. Imagine all the fun spells she knows that I could use during my 24 hours. And no matter what my SIL says, I adore Ron, so that works out too (because the boys matter when you’re picking these things! Sorry very nice boyfriend of mine). If this doesn’t convince you of how much I love Harry Potter, I would check out our pinterest page… lots of fun!
2. Princess Mia from the Princess Diaries. I probably don’t even need to include a description of this one. Just look at the first word… PRINCESS!!! Plus, if I’m only her for 24 hours, I probably wouldn’t have to do any annoying princess things. Not to mention, I’m really good at math so I think that switching with her could benefit her too. And one last word to clinch it: Michael!
3. Pheobe from Oh. My. Gods. and Goddess Boot Camp by Tera Lynn Childs. Pheobe might not be a witch, but she has pretty cool powers in her own right given that she is the grandaughter of Nike… the goddess not the shoe company. And while anyone who knows me would go, wtf? a runner? I think the powers, the greek food, and Griffin would make it totally worth some running. Not to mention, being the descendant of Nike probably makes running a whole lot easier.
4. Ella from Ella Enchanted. Ok, obediance is not my thing, but I’d totally switch with the end of the book Ella. If you haven’t read this book, go read it immediately and then you can finish reading this post. How much fun would it be to hang out with Char, Apple, Mandy, and even Lucinda? Plus, fairies and giants and other fun creatures!
5. Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door. I can be very enthusiastic, but I’ve got nothing on Lola. I have to admire the way that she really isn’t afraid to be herself and how she truly doesn’t care what others think of her. Admittedly, I rarely wear makeup, much less one of Lola’s costumes, but I would totally make an exception for 24 hours! Plus I loooove Cricket!!
6. Daine from Tamora Pierce’s Immortals series. Because I can’t resist one more… Daine’s series were the first Tamora Pierce books I ever read and I’m so glad I did. I would totally love to switch places with Daine for 24 hours! I could see what it’s like to talk to animals, hang out with Numair, and USE MAGIC!!! (What? It’s MAGIC!)
First off, darn it, Elizabeth stole PRINCESS MIA!
7. Diana Barry from Anne of Green Gables. 24 hours of kindred spiritdom.
8. Kat from Heist Society. Because I would have awesome thieving skills, an entertaining family, Hale for an assistant, and how much trouble could we really get into in 24 hours? Plus, we’ve recommended the series before. It’s just too fun.
9. Victoria from Audrey Wait! Because I’d get to hang out with Audrey all day! And I’d have pink hair and such, which I would never be brave enough to do in real life…
10. Flavia de Luce from The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I promise no morbid associations with death! But wouldn’t it be fun to be in Flavia’s head for 24 hours? I would pedal around town SO HARD.
HONORABLE MENTION: The imaginary book about an Olympian. I would so trade places right now.
What do y’all think? Are we missing some awesome ones? Did Elizabeth steal all the good ideas?