Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Romances
Ugh, we actually groaned a bit about this one. Not because it’s not FUN, but because in such a top-ten format, there is no way we won’t be predictable. [Elizabeth - I like to think that not all of my picks are predictable. But that may be mainly because I'm too random for my own good...]
Valentines may be a divisive holiday, but romance is not!
That being said… let’s do this!
1. Anne and Gilbert
2. Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy
3. Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester
4. Katniss and Peeta (oooh so I can be a little controversial)
5. Hermione and Ron
6. Allie and Noah from The Notebook - I keep seeing trailers for the new Nicholas Sparks movie Safe Haven that claim it’s the best romance since The Notebook. I haven’t read the book or seen the movie but I highly doubt it can compete. I mean, come on! It’s Allie and Noah!
7. Wes and Macy from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen – This may be mainly because of my huge literary crush on Wes, which I’ve previously mentioned, but I also really like Macy and Wes together.
8. Em and Christopher from Meg Cabot’s Airhead series - Their love survived a brain transplant. What more could you ask for? :-)
9. Min and Cal from Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie - I love how the universe conspires to get these two together no matter what they do. Also, bunny slippers!
I couldn’t choose between these last two so…
10a. Sophy and Charles from The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer - There is something so compelling and wonderful about all of Georgette Heyer’s characters, but Sophy is definitely my favorite.
10b. Henry and Clare from The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - I’ve always loved the romance between them but I can’t quite put it into words.