Top Ten Tuesday: It’s Quittin’ Time (Top Ten Series We Haven’t Finished!)
This is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. This one is causing some guilt, but mostly we are okay with our answers – so many books are in series form these days, it’s hard to keep up!
1. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - This one will be finished. But it’s a big undertaking! I’m on Book 3.
2. The Princess Diaries by Her Majesty (in our eyes!) Meg Cabot - Y’all there are so many books in this series! Confession: I’ve read the first couple, a couple in between, and definitely the last one… Elizabeth admits that she too – quelle horreur! – probably hasn’t read every one!
3. The Agency by Y.S. Lee - Eh, this one just didn’t do it for me, so I didn’t continue!
4. The Mediator by Meg Cabot - I think the fact that she keeps popping up is less a sign that I don’t love her and more a sign that I do!
5. The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale - Loooved Goose Girl, enjoyed Enna Burning, haen’t made it to Books 3 or 4… oops!
6. Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot – I, too, adore Meg Cabot, but I think I was feeling lazy that day or something, because I read the synopses of the first two and then just read the third one…
7. Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs – Another author I like… I read the first two, but I thought it just got too complicated with the human she loves and the guy she’s mer-bonded to in name only or whatever. Read the synopsis of the third and thought it sounded kind of annoying…
8. Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier - I readDaughter of the Forest and really liked it, but the synopses of the other books in the series and couldn’t get excited. Someone please tell me if I’m really missing out on these books where I didn’t like the synopsis…
9. The Heather Wells Mysteries by Meg Cabot - Yes, another Meg Cabot series. BUT, this time it’s only because I haven’t gotten around to getting the fourth book yet. It’s on my TBR list
10. The Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini - I enjoyed Eragon and I think I read Eldest but I’m not sure… Those books are long! Plus, I prefer Anne McCaffrey to get my dragon fix .
P.S. Talking about series, I have to give a shoutout to my boyfriend who is about to start Book 7 of Harry Potter!!! He started the series this summer after a good amount of nagging on my part (I’d say I’m sorry, but I’m not…), and I’ve been getting excited updates on his progress ever since. So, ha! I knew you would love it!