Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors
This is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely gals over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s meme theme is near and dear to my heart. Because there are certain authors for whom I have a major trigger finger. Thanks kindle for making my immediate gratification happen!
Mary’s Picks: I decided to focus on YA authors to make this easier (and in keeping with our blog…)
1. Robin Benway – We reviewed Audrey Wait! and looooved it. And then we reviewed Also Known As and loooved it. And that’s coming out this week! So guys, auto buy it. We were lucky enough to get a free review copy but I would buy this one ALL DAY LONG.
2. Libba Bray - How awesome is this Oscar rant on her blog from just this week? I love these SMART and feminist YA authors!
3. Elizabeth Eulberg - Really enjoyed Take a Bow and I’ve also loved her earlier works. The best thing about Elizabeth Eulberg? She just keeps getting better.
4. E. Lockhart – see comments on Libba Bray above. ‘Nuff said.
5. David Levithan – I think he’s brilliant. Points if he’s writing with Rachel Cohn. They had me from Nick and Norah’s infinite playlist, and I was theirs for good after Dash and Lily’s Bok of Dares. This auto-buy status would perhaps go away if I ever stopped associating with hipsters. As I do not see that happening in the foreseeable future, David Levithan, here are my dollars!
6. Sarah Dessen – Words cannot describe my love of Sarah Dessen!
7. Julie Garwood - Her books are my total guilty pleasure that I really should not be admitting to…
8. Meg Cabot – I confess I haven’t read all of the Princess Diaries books (only most of them) and I haven’t read Jinx, but I adore all her other books both for YA and just A .
9. Ally Carter – Love her Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series
10. Tamora Pierce - I have absolutely no self control when it comes to Tamora Pierce books! Must have and must have immediately! Can’t decide which of her heroines is my fave…