Top Ten Tuesday: It’s All About Us!
This is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is Top Ten Posts on Our Blog that Would Give The Best Picture of Us. I’d have to point to some other Top Ten lists in all honesty, namely the Top Ten Characters Who Remind Us Of Ourselves. But we’d rather highlight reviews, because that’s really what the blog is all about! Since we’ve only been blogging for a couple months, we have limited content with which to work, but here’s our best shot! (And of course, you can always check out our “about us” page on this blog!)
I lied. I am not highlighting a review first. I’m highlighting this playlist that Robin Benway put together for us last week. Because it’s so good y’all. And it reflects the fact that she’s one of our all-time favorite authors.
2. We also featured an author interview with her that I LOVED. I thought it was so fun – and it felt like a unique reflection of us as a blog and her as an author.
I’ve only done one L.M. Montgomery review, but this is such a classic. And L.M. Montgomery was far and away my favorite author growing up.
I’ve mostly reviewed books positively on this site because I’ve mostly chosen books that I actually like to review. In reality, I have a lot of issues with a lot of books I read. In fact, I think this pick highlights where I see this blog going… I’m pulling off the gloves! (see also: Book Review: When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle)
Elizabeth and I had independently read this book. And it’s a little random! Certainly for two people at our age, living very different lives in different cities, etc. This is what inspired us to create the blog! And I enjoyed brainstorming this first review with her very much.
6. Book Review: My Most Excellent Year. As I said in my review, this is truly one of my favorite books. It’s about as sweet as you can get. Plus, this was the first review I wrote without Mary, so yay me getting into the blogging,
7. Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Non-Book-Related Blogs/Sites We Follow. This is not our first Top Ten Tuesday, but it was the first one with which I helped. And I think Top Ten Tuesdays are so much fun. Plus I liked that it was non-book related sites since we were still so new to blogging. Not to mention I think those sites really do say something about me.
8. Book Review: (Rereading) Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster. This is probably a really random choice because my sister wrote this review, not me. However, it is one of my favorite books and part of why I like our blog so much is that I get to see so much of her take on books and how we compare.
9. Recommend a… Book Someone Else Recommended to You. I’m not doing as well as Mary at sticking to book reviews, though I think this one sort of counts as one. I’m picking this one because it was a book recommended to me by my sister, which is kind of the whole point of this website, that I loved so much I had to reiterate the recommendation. On the same note, check out Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, which is out of this world amazing. Definitely need to write a review of this book, but it’s so good, I have no idea where to start…
10. Joint Book Review: Audrey Wait! by Robin Benway aka the coolest author EVER. I picked this one because we are still doing book reviews together and I love that! Even though it takes extreme patience on Mary’s side to deal with me, we are still going strong! Plus I really do love this book